IT Manager (div/f/m)
Hi! I am Joachim, our Managing Director’s imaginary alter-ego that focuses on everything IT: servers, backups, hardware, software, licenses, passwords, …
Although I already have my own Trello board for to-dos, I’d really love to become a real person (it’s okay to go through a renaming phase 😅). The number of Mimimis is increasing and new infrastructural challenges are emerging. This job needs a proper full-time employee now.
If you want this job we need you to be passionate for high quality games. Your work will be fundamental in supporting the team to create these games. It would be lovely if we could talk about gaming in general with you as well.
Your salary might not be as high as it could be on the market (if compared with large, rich organizations), but we are confident we still pay a fair amount and offer a lot.
You will …
- Work directly with Joachim (Johannes, our Managing Director) and carefully be introduced to all current systems and solutions at Mimimi. It’s going to be a lot, but we’ll take all the time that’s needed!
- Eventually, you will take over responsibility for everything IT: servers, hardware, software, licenses, backups, data security, password management, … if it’s electronic but not the game, it’s most likely your responsibility.
- Update the current systems and maintain them
- Introduce new systems and solutions to problems
- We are currently using:
- Windows Server
- Confluence with PostgreSQL
- IMAP on external servers with Confixx
- TP-Link and Synology hardware
- Synology Surveillance Station
- Some tasks you’ll be facing, besides keeping things running:
- Introducing Windows Active Directory / a proper server structure
- Expanding storage capabilities
- Backup optimization with iSCSI snapshots and rclone
- Yearly security workshops for the whole team (how to handle passwords etc.)
- Reworking Home-Office / Streaming solutions
- Ordering and setting up new PCs
- Patching server racks
- Eventually, you’ll identify bottlenecks yourself and solve these issues.
- Note: We generally prefer hosting things locally than moving everything to the cloud.
- Windows Server mastery (especially domains / active directory, DNS, DHCP)
- 3+ years of industry experience
- High proficiency in writing batch files, PowerShell scripts etc.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in and contribute to a collaborative environment
- Fluent German
Other pluses: Knowledge of Microsoft Office. Build server experience (Jenkins or similar). Linux skills. An open mind for all kinds of solutions. Any experience with workplaces that require high security standards.
What we offer
On top, we are offering a lot of benefits, which you can read about here:
If you’re interested in this position, please send us your application in German, including your cover letter, resume and portfolio.